Gloria Hallelujah Woods, professionally known as GloRilla, is a prominent American rapper hailing from Memphis, Tennessee. Her rise to fame was catalyzed by the release of her 2022 hit “F.N.F. (Let’s Go)” in collaboration with Hitkidd. This chart-topping track earned her a nomination for Best Rap Performance at the 65th Annual Grammy Awards, cementing her status in the music industry.
GloRilla’s impact extended further with the success of her single “Tomorrow 2,” featuring Cardi B, which impressively secured a spot in the top ten of the Billboard Hot 100. Her contributions to the music scene have garnered widespread recognition, and her collaborations with esteemed artists underscore her growing influence.
|Date of Birth||July 28, 1999|
|Age||23 Years old|
Gloria, born on July 28, 1999, in the vibrant city of Memphis, Tennessee, had a unique upbringing that significantly influenced her path in the world of music. Initially homeschooled, she transitioned to traditional schooling in 5th grade and went on to graduate from Martin Luther King College Prep High School. However, it was during her early teenage years that she discovered her passion for music, particularly in the realm of rap.
At the age of 16, Gloria ventured into the world of rapping, marking the beginning of a journey that would soon captivate audiences and propel her to prominence. Her decision to pursue rap was rooted in her experiences with music, having been part of her church’s choir during her formative years. Her initial aspiration was to become a singer, but a significant challenge changed the course of her artistic pursuit. After losing her voice, she made the brave and pivotal decision to switch to rap, a move that would shape her unique identity as an artist.
During this transformative period, she considered adopting the stage name “Big Glo,” reflecting her ambition and the magnitude of her musical aspirations. However, it was her cousin who played a crucial role in helping her discover the stage name that would ultimately define her artistic persona as GloRilla, a name that resonates with strength and creativity.
GloRilla’s position as the eighth among 10 children on her mother’s side highlights the vibrant dynamics of her large and diverse family. This familial backdrop likely contributed to her resilience, drive, and unique perspective, all of which have undoubtedly contributed to her artistic journey.
GloRilla, also known as Gloria Hallelujah Woods, has swiftly carved a remarkable path in the music industry, punctuating her journey with a series of impactful releases. In 2019, she unveiled her mixtape “Most Likely Up Next,” offering listeners a taste of her unique style. Building on this momentum, her EP “P Status” was unveiled in 2020, showcasing her artistic versatility.
However, it was April 2022 that marked a pivotal turning point in Woods’ career. The release of “F.N.F. (Let’s Go)” in collaboration with producer Hitkidd ignited a viral sensation, sparking the #FNFChallenge on TikTok. This track not only catapulted her into the spotlight but also garnered widespread recognition and popularity. The remix of the song featuring Latto and JT, followed by another remix with Saweetie, further solidified her status as a force to be reckoned with.
The impact of Woods’ music reached new heights in September 2022, as her song secured two nominations at the 2022 BET Hip Hop Awards, where she also graced the stage with a captivating performance. Her partnership with Duke Deuce resulted in the release of “Just Say That,” showcasing her versatility in collaborating with fellow artists.
A significant moment in her journey was her signing with Collective Music Group, owned by fellow Memphis rapper Yo Gotti, in July. This move reflected her growing influence and recognition within the industry. Her collaboration with Cardi B on the track “Tomorrow 2” showcased her ability to connect with established artists and create captivating music.
Woods’ debut EP, “Anyway, Life’s Great,” released in November, marked a milestone in her career, showcasing her depth as an artist. Her impact continued into 2023 with her collaboration alongside labelmate Moneybagg Yo on “On Wat U On,” displaying her evolving artistry.
Glorilla Net Worth 2023
GloRilla has achieved remarkable popularity and success in the music scene. For those curious about her financial standing, her net worth, estimated at $1 million according to EveryNetWorth, reflects the significant impact she’s made. As a rising artist, GloRilla’s journey has captivated fans and industry enthusiasts, showcasing her talent and dedication. Her impressive net worth is a testament to her growing influence and the appreciation she’s garnered within the entertainment realm.
Social Accounts :
Quotes by GloRilla
- “Music has the power to connect people across the world, and I’m grateful to be a part of that universal language.”
- “Success is not only about the destination but the journey and the passion you put into every step.”
- “Collaborations are like musical conversations, a chance to create something unique by blending different styles.”
- “I believe in pushing boundaries and breaking stereotypes in the music industry.”
- “My fans inspire me to keep creating, and I’m dedicated to giving them music that resonates with their lives.”
Other Interesting Facts
- Artistic Vision: GloRilla’s artistic vision goes beyond music, as she often takes part in shaping the visual aspects of her music videos and album artworks.
- Community Involvement: She’s known for actively engaging with her fanbase through social media platforms, sharing behind-the-scenes moments, and occasionally hosting interactive Q&A sessions.
- Influential Voice: GloRilla uses her platform to address important social and cultural issues, using her voice to raise awareness and inspire change.
- Personal Growth: Despite her young age, GloRilla’s journey reflects personal growth, resilience, and her commitment to honing her craft in an ever-evolving music industry.
- Global Reach: Her music’s popularity extends beyond borders, reaching audiences from various backgrounds and cultures, uniting them through her melodies.
- Live Performances: GloRilla’s dynamic stage presence and energy during live performances contribute to her engaging shows, leaving lasting impressions on concert-goers.
- Inspiration from Diversity: Growing up in a culturally diverse environment in Memphis has greatly influenced her music, allowing her to draw from a wide range of experiences and emotions.
- Fashion and Style: She often experiments with her fashion choices, embracing a unique and bold sense of style that complements her music persona.
- Entrepreneurial Spirit: Beyond music, GloRilla’s entrepreneurial endeavors, like her sustainability company “To Be Honest (tbh),” showcase her multifaceted talents and interests.
- Empowerment: GloRilla aims to empower the next generation of artists, encouraging them to embrace their individuality and make their voices heard in the industry.