Natalie Imbruglia Children, Biography, Net worth and Age
Natalie Imbruglia is an Australian singer, songwriter, actress, and model. She was born on February 4, 1975, in Sydney, Australia. Imbruglia gained widespread recognition in the 1990s, initially as an actress in the popular Australian soap opera “Neighbours.” She then transitioned into the music industry and became internationally renowned for her music and her hit single “Torn.”
Imbruglia’s debut album, “Left of the Middle,” released in 1997, was a massive success, and “Torn” became one of the most iconic songs of that era. Her music is characterized by a blend of pop, rock, and folk influences, and her powerful and emotive vocals have resonated with audiences around the world.
Throughout her music career, Imbruglia released several albums, including “White Lilies Island,” “Counting Down the Days,” and “Come to Life.” She has received critical acclaim for her work and has won numerous awards, including ARIA Awards in Australia.
Natalie Imbruglia Biography
Natalie Jane Imbruglia, an Australian singer, songwriter, actress, and model, was born on February 4, 1975, in Sydney, Australia. Her unique blend of talent, beauty, and versatility has made her a beloved figure in the world of entertainment. From her early beginnings to her global stardom, Imbruglia’s biography is a fascinating narrative of dedication, creativity, and success.
Imbruglia’s career in the limelight began in the 1990s when she rose to prominence as an actress in the popular Australian soap opera “Neighbours.” Her portrayal of Beth Brennan not only showcased her acting abilities but also laid the foundation for her transition into the music industry. It was during this time that she began to nurture her passion for singing and songwriting.
In 1997, Imbruglia released her debut album, “Left of the Middle,” which would become a monumental success. The album’s lead single, “Torn,” captured the hearts of millions with its emotive lyrics and Imbruglia’s soulful delivery. The song’s international popularity propelled her into the global music scene, earning her critical acclaim and a massive fan base.
Her subsequent albums, including “White Lilies Island” (2001), “Counting Down the Days” (2005), and “Come to Life” (2009), showcased Imbruglia’s evolution as an artist. Her music resonated with audiences worldwide, blending elements of pop, rock, and folk, and her sincere and powerful vocals added depth to her lyrics. Her albums received positive reviews, solidifying her status as a respected musician.
Imbruglia’s impact wasn’t confined to the music industry. Her beauty and charm led to modeling opportunities, further enhancing her public profile. She graced magazine covers and was recognized as a style icon, capturing the attention of fashion enthusiasts.
Debut Album: Imbruglia burst onto the music scene with her debut album, “Left of the Middle,” released in 1997. The album was a major success, propelled by the iconic hit single “Torn,” which became a global sensation and showcased her powerful vocals.
Genre Diversity: Over the years, Imbruglia’s music has embraced a blend of pop, rock, and folk influences, allowing her to connect with a diverse range of listeners.
Subsequent Albums: Following her debut, Imbruglia released several albums, including “White Lilies Island” (2001), “Counting Down the Days” (2005), and “Come to Life” (2009). Each album showcased her growth as a musician and maintained her presence in the music industry.
Critical Acclaim: Imbruglia has received positive reviews from music critics for her songwriting, vocal delivery, and ability to connect with audiences emotionally. Her music has garnered awards, including ARIA Awards in Australia.
“Neighbours”: Imbruglia initially gained fame as an actress in the Australian soap opera “Neighbours,” where she portrayed the character Beth Brennan. This role served as a launching pad for her career, leading her to explore other avenues in entertainment.
Film Roles: Imbruglia has appeared in various film projects, including supporting roles in movies such as “Johnny English” (2003) and “Closed for Winter” (2009), showcasing her versatility as an actress.
Beauty and Style: Imbruglia’s beauty and fashion sense have made her a sought-after figure in the world of modeling. She has graced the covers of numerous magazines, showcasing her elegant and captivating presence.
Charitable Involvement: While specific details about her philanthropic activities may not be widely publicized, Imbruglia has supported various charitable causes over the years, demonstrating her commitment to making a positive impact on society.
Natalie Imbruglia Children
Natalie Imbruglia has one child. She announced the birth of her son, named Max Valentine Imbruglia, on October 9, 2019. It was revealed that Max was conceived using in vitro fertilization (IVF) and that Imbruglia used a sperm donor for the conception. This significant life event marked a new chapter in Imbruglia’s journey as she embraced motherhood.
Natalie Imbruglia’s personal life has been marked by various relationships and significant life events. She is the older sister of singer-songwriter Laura Imbruglia. During her time on the popular show “Neighbours,” she briefly dated her co-star Stefan Dennis.
In the late 1990s, Imbruglia was in a relationship with American actor David Schwimmer. However, her most notable romantic involvement during this period was with Daniel Johns, the frontman of the band Silverchair. They initially met in 1999 at one of Silverchair’s concerts in London and began dating after reconnecting at an ARIA awards after-party in Sydney. They got engaged shortly before Christmas in 2002 and tied the knot in a beautiful beach ceremony in Port Douglas, Queensland, Australia, on New Year’s Eve in 2003.
Imbruglia and Johns had an on-and-off relationship, with their long-distance situation causing challenges due to her base in London and Johns’ residence in Newcastle, Australia. Their relationship led to significant creative collaborations, including Johns writing the song “Satisfied” for Imbruglia’s album “Counting Down the Days,” which he also produced. However, they announced their divorce on 4 January 2008, citing growing apart due to their inability to spend sufficient time together.
Natalie Imbruglia became a naturalized British citizen in 2013. She has also made personal choices in the form of tattoos, including a Sanskrit/Hindi inscription “Shreya” on her neck, a Chinese tattoo on her left foot signifying “courage,” and the Sanskrit symbol “Aum” on her lower back.
On 9 October 2019, Imbruglia shared the joyous news on Instagram that she had given birth to a baby boy, whom she named Max Valentine Imbruglia. The child was conceived through IVF, with the sperm donor remaining unnamed. This significant life event marked a new chapter in Imbruglia’s journey, embracing motherhood.
Natalie Imbruglia Net worth
Natalie Imbruglia’s net worth is estimated to be around $14 million.
Natalie Imbruglia Songs
Natalie Imbruglia has released several notable songs throughout her music career, with “Torn” being one of her most iconic hits. Here’s a list of some of her other popular songs that have captivated audiences over the years:
- Torn – Her breakout hit from the album “Left of the Middle.”
- Big Mistake – Another hit from the same album, showcasing Imbruglia’s emotive vocals.
- Smoke – A captivating song from the album “White Lilies Island.”
- Wrong Impression – A memorable track from the album “White Lilies Island.”
- Shiver – From the album “Counting Down the Days,” this song continued to highlight her musical prowess.
- Counting Down the Days – The title track of one of her albums, displaying her ability to convey emotions.
- Want – A dynamic song with a catchy melody from the album “Come to Life.”
- Instant Crush – A cover of a song by Daft Punk, showcasing Imbruglia’s interpretation.
- That Day – A heartfelt song with introspective lyrics from the album “Left of the Middle.”
- Glorious – A collaboration with Max Martin, known for his work with many successful artists.
Natalie Imbruglia has been involved in several film projects throughout her career, primarily as an actress. While she’s better known for her music, her acting contributions have showcased her versatility as a performer. Here are some movies in which Natalie Imbruglia has appeared:
- Johnny English (2003) – A comedy film starring Rowan Atkinson as a bumbling British secret agent. Imbruglia played a pivotal role in the film, adding to the comedic elements.
- Closed for Winter (2009) – A drama film in which Imbruglia played the lead role. The film explores themes of loss, family, and emotional healing.
- Underdogs (2013) – An animated film where Imbruglia provided the voice for the character “Laura.” The film is about a young man who learns valuable life lessons through a table soccer game.
- Anya’s Bell (1999) – A television movie in which Imbruglia portrayed the character “Anya,” demonstrating her acting skills beyond her role on “Neighbours.”
Awards and nominations
APRA Music Awards:
- 1999: “Big Mistake” – Most Performed Foreign Work (Nominated)
- 2006: “Shiver” (Nominated)
ARIA Music Awards:
- Left of the Middle:
- Album of the Year (Nominated)
- Best Female Artist (Won)
- Best New Talent (Won)
- Breakthrough Artist – Album (Won)
- Best Pop Release (Won)
- Single of the Year (Won)
- Breakthrough Artist – Single (Won)
- Highest Selling Single (Nominated)
- “Big Mistake” (Nominated)
- Left of the Middle:
- Left of the Middle: Highest Selling Album (Nominated)
- Herself: Outstanding Achievement (Won)
- “Wishing I Was There” – Best Female Artist (Won)
- 2002: White Lilies Island (Nominated)
- 2005: Counting Down the Days (Nominated)
Billboard Music Awards:
- Top Hot 100 Airplay Track (Nominated)
- Top Adult Top 40 Track (Won)
- Herself: Top Adult Top 40 Artist (Nominated)
- Herself: Best New Artist (Nominated)
- Left of the Middle: Best Pop Vocal Album (Nominated)
- “Torn”: Best Female Pop Vocal Performance (Nominated)
MTV Europe Music Awards:
- Herself: Best New Act (Nominated)
- Best Female (Nominated)
- “Torn”: Best Song (Won)
- Natalie Imbruglia: Rock Performer of the Year (Won)
- Australian Showbusiness Ambassador (Won)
MTV Video Music Award:
- Best New Artist (Won)
- Best Female Video (Nominated)
- Viewer’s Choice (Nominated)
- Herself: Best New Band (Nominated)
- Best Solo Artist (Nominated)
- Most Desirable Person (Won)
- Top Pop Personality You’d Most Like as Your Doctor (Won)
“People need to feel safe when they’re vulnerable.”
“I just want to be good at what I do, whatever that is.”
“My singing is a combination of country and R&B.”
“I was never a girl who dreamt of being a princess. I was ambitious.”
“In an ideal world, I would love to work on one project at a time, but it doesn’t always work that way.”
- Italian Heritage: Natalie Imbruglia’s last name is of Italian origin. Her father, Elliot Imbruglia, is of Italian descent, and her mother, Maxene Anderson, is of Scottish and English descent.
- Early Start: Imbruglia began acting in commercials and on Australian television before her breakthrough role in “Neighbours.”
- Tennis Dreams: As a child, Imbruglia aspired to be a professional tennis player before pursuing a career in entertainment.
- Sibling in Showbiz: Natalie’s younger sister, Laura Imbruglia, is also a musician and has pursued her own music career in Australia.
- Philanthropic Work: Imbruglia has been involved in various charitable activities, including support for cancer research and children’s organizations.